Essential Music Marketing Authors, Bloggers & Podcasters
Just a quick post to let you guys in on some of the most important music marketing podcasts, web sites, authors and bloggers – here is a quick list of resources that I regularly check out and follow closely. The reason for this post is to help your bands deal with the ever growing number of music marketing content creators and hopefully help cut through all the noise and help you find direction in the most authoritative and actionable content.
Firstly: For a list of great books and reviews please see my resources page by clicking http://diymusicmovement.com/diy-rescources (I have listed the most important music, marketing and thought provoking creativity books I have read in recent years and can highly recommend each and every book).
In regards to Blogs/Bloggers
- http://musicthinktank.com (Music marketing’s most power blog posts)
- http://www.hypebot.com (The top information on the independent music industry)
- http://bob-baker.com (Strong mind-set oriented music marketing blog)
- http://reverbnation.com (Check their blog)
Music Marketing Podcasts
- DIY Music Marketing (I had to throw this one in, ha – I also believe it’s a powerful Australia-oriented resource)
- The Music Biz Weekly Podcast (Brian Thompson and Michael Brandvold)
- The Upward Spiral Podcast
I hope you guys find all of the above resources as useful as I have and just a quick reminder – click the link below for Books and Audible links and reviews http://diymusicmovement.com/diy-resources